DAL vs. PHX Dream11: The NBA train is choo-choo and we are getting closer to the title series as many teams have become title favorites at this point. The Warriors are making a lot of noise and their offense has helped them to some incredible wins, while their defense knows when to show up. This has been the defense and offense of the Phoenix Suns and they will face the Dallas Mavericks, in search of a three-to-one advantage.
The Mavericks did a great job in Game 3 and home court advantage made them play elite defense. They beat the Suns 103:94 as Jalen Brunson led all scorers with 28 points and had his best game of the series. The Suns didn’t see a player touch the 20-point mark and committed a bunch of turnovers losing all sorts of momentum. Can the Suns get their way back here?
Host: Dallas Mavericks
Visitors: Phoenix Suns
Match schedule: May 9 at 01:00 (+05:30 UTC)
Venue of events: American Airlines Center
NBA projections, statistics and analysis
The Mavs are strong at home on defense.
One thing is clear, the Mavericks do not feel comfortable with games that exceed 220 points and at home they slow down and try to limit the opportunities of the rivals at an elite pace, through their special defense. After giving up more than 120 points in the first two games, the team did a great job of holding the Suns to under 100, something they did to the Jazz repeatedly in the last series.
The Suns shot well, hitting about 46% of their shots, but they did something they don’t normally do; turning the ball over. The Mavericks achieved a great scoring balance, with five scorers reaching at least 14 points. The Mavericks caught 12 steals and one thing is for sure, they have been able to contain Chris Paul and his precise play through some annoying defense.
The best part of the last win was that it was Brunson taking charge and Doncic giving up 26 points, which means if Brunson is on pace, the Mavs can turn the series around. The problem is that the Suns are the best in the league when it comes to keeping their composure and making adjustments at an amazing rate.
Top scorer: Luka Doncic: 32
Leading rebounder: Deandre Ayton: 12
Top assist dealer: Chris Paul: 9
Score Prediction: Suns 112 Mavericks 107
Dallas Mavericks vs. Phoenix Suns NBA Live, team news and lineups
Phoenix Suns Team News
- Dario Saric remains OUT indefinitely.
Suns expected starting five
Defensive Forward: Jae Crowder
Cutting Wing & Strong Defender: Mikal Bridges
Inside Presence: C: Deandre Ayton
Lead shooting guard: SG: Devin Booker
General Floor: PG: Chris Paul
BANK: Cameron Johnson, Cameron Payne, Bismack Biyombo, Torrey Craig, Javale McGee, Landry Shamet, Elfrid Payton, Ismail Wainright.
Dallas Mavericks Team News
- Tim Hardaway Jr. he is OUT for the game and MAY finish for the season.
Mavericks expected five starters
Big defensive forward: PF: Dorian Finney-Smith
Defensive End: Reggie Bullock
Inside Presence: C: Dwight Powell
Shooting guard: GP: Jalen Brunson
Leading scorer and playmaker: PG: Luka Doncic
BANK: Spencer Dinwiddie, Maxi Kleber, Josh Green, Sterling Brown, Marquesse Chriss, Frank Ntilikina, Boban Marajanovic, Trey Burke.
NBA results, best fantasy basketball picks
Luka Doncic (DAL)
Doncic shot 11/25 in the last game, hitting just two of his seven shots from long range. He continued to lead the team in rebounding and assists, playing a vital role. I think he will be at 28-36 points. 9-13 rebounds and 6-9 assists. He can be selected as a star/pro player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy script.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 48-67
Chris Paul (PHX)
Paul is a bit down as far as the series goes and uncharacteristically turned it over seven times in Game 3. I think he’ll be in a 16-22 point, 6-9 assist and 4-7 rebound range here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 34-47
Jalen Brunson (DAL)
Brunson clicked 10 of his 21 shots while hitting seven free throws, posting a much better outing compared to the first two games. I think he will be in the 18-24 point range here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 24-38
Deandre Ayton (PHX)
Ayton shot 6/12 from the ground in the last game and has been a factor as a scorer, rebounder and defender. He thinks he will be in the range of 15-22 points and 9-13 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 28-38
Dorian Finney-Smith (DAL)
Dorian made four of his eleven shots from 3-point range and continues to annoy opposition on the defensive end. I think he will be at 11-15 points, 4-7 rebounds and 1-3 steals.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 22-34
Devin Booker (PHX)
Booker continued to be white-hot from the 3-point line, but he gave it up five times and ended up attempting just 13 shots total. I think he will be in the range of 26-33 points and 4-6 assists.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 40-55
DAL vs. PHX DREAM11 LINE BALANCER
- Mikal Bridges (PHX) had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block in the last game. SF Bridges shot 5/14 from the floor and has been a factor defensively. I expect a range of 14-19 points and 4-6 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 20-34
- Spencer Dinwiddie (DAL) had 4 points, 4 assists, 4 rebounds in the last game. Dinwiddie continues to struggle, making just 2 of 7 shots from him, but he puts up some decent defense. He thinks he will be in the range of 8-12 points and 3-5 assists.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 16-28
- Reggie Bullock (DAL) had fifteen points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 robberies in the last game. Two-way Wing Reggie shot 4/10 from the 3-point line. I think he will be in the range of 12-16 points and 3-6 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 12-24
- Jae Crowder (PHX) had 19 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists2 robberies in the last game. Jae nailed five of his eight-for-three attempts in the last game and has been an incredible defender and rebounder. He thinks he will be in the range of 11-16 points and 4-8 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 17-27
- Maxi Kleber (DAL) had 14 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks in the last game. Maxi has elevated his game and made six of his nine shots in the last game. I think he will be at 9-15 points, 4-6 rebounds and 1-2 block range.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 10-20
- Cameron Johnson (PHX) had 6 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Wing Johnson shot just 1/4 in the last game, but has been a reliable bench option. I think he will be in the range of 7-12 points and 3-4 rebounds here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 20-29
- Dwight Powell (DAL) had 2 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 robbery in the last game. Powell received just 10 minutes in the last game, but has been a decent presence in the middle. I expect a range of 2-8 points and 2-4 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 4-10
- Cameron Payne (PHX) had 3 assists in the last game. Payne shot just 0/4 in the last game. I expect a range of 4-8 points and 3-5 assists.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 10-22
- JaVale McGee (PHX) had 8 points, 7 rebounds in the last game. JaVale has done a great job off the bench in limited minutes. I think he will be in the range of 4-8 points and 3-6 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 7-17
DAL vs. PHX Dream11 Team
GP: L Doncic (SP), C Payne
SG: D Booker (PP), J Brunson
SF: R. Bullock
FP: J. Crowder, M. Kleber
C: J. McGee
PG: C Paul (PP)C Payne, L Doncic (SP)
SG: J Brunson
SF: R. Bullock
FP: J. Crowder, M. Kleber
C: J. McGee