LAS vs. IND Dream11: The WNBA season is in full swing and we’ve already enjoyed a multitude of games. The WNBA is different, there are 12 teams and, unlike the Conference system, the Playoff spots range from one to eighth. In this game, the Indiana Fever will host the Los Angeles Sparks, as both teams will play their second game of the season.
The Fever were crushed by the more disciplined Mystics in the final game, losing 70:84 as the team’s offense fell apart. On the other hand, the Sparks earned a tough overtime victory against the defending champions, winning 98:91. Newcomer Jordin scored 21 points and the team hit the ground running from the start.
Host: Indiana Fever
Visitors: Los Angeles Sparks
Match schedule: May 9 at 00:30 (+05:30 UTC)
Venue of events: Bankers Life Country House
NBA projections, statistics and analysis
The Fever was struggling on the offensive end last season and it seems like not much has changed. Although Nalyssa Smith and Queen Egbo bring some inside prowess with Smith a strong defender as well as a rebounder and Egbo a solid finisher. Other than that, the young Emily Engstler further bolsters the Forward position, but there are a multitude of issues in terms of 3-point shooting, which is a huge issue again.
On the other hand, the Sparks look like a completely different team in the first game of the season, compared to last season. The starting lineup of Sykes, Canada, Ogwumike and Cambage is full of players who can get a ton of steals and the top three can run the floor and open up multiple fast-break opportunities. The three-point shot seems to be boosted with the arrival of Lexie Brown but the concern will be how Liz Cambage will fit in with the fast legs.
Top scorer: Nneka Ogwumike: 22
Top rebounder: Nalyssa Smith: 11
Top assist dealer: Jordin Canada: 7
Score Prediction: Sparks 89 Fever 81
Los Angeles Sparks vs. Indiana Fever NBA Live, Team News & Lineups
Indiana Fever Team News
- Danielle Robinson, Alaina Coates They are outside.
Expected Fever Initial Five
Athletic Forward: F: Nalyssa Smith
Inner Presence: C: Queen Egbo
Shooting guard: G: Kelsey Mitchell
Shooting guard: G: Tiffany Mitchell
Game guard: G: Destanni Henderson
BANK: Alanna Smith, Emily Engstler, Victoria Vivians, Crystal Dangerfield, Lexie Hull.
Los Angeles Sparks Team News
- Kristi Toliver, Amanda Zahui B, Katie Lou Samuelson, Olivia Nelson-Ododa are OUT for the game.
Sparks expected starting five
Post Forward: F: Nneka Ogwumike
Wing: F: Amy Atwell
Inside Presence: C: Liz Cambage
Defensive guard: G: Brittney Sykes
Leading shooting guard and playmaker: G: Jordin Canada
BANK: Chiney Ogwumike, Jasmine Walker, Lexie Brown, Chennedy Carter, Rae Burrell.
NBA results, best fantasy basketball picks
Jordin Canada (LAS)
Jordin showed his prowess in the first game of the season, shooting 6/11 from the field while making all nine of his attempts from the free throw line. The highly talented interior guard can be in the 14-20 point and 5-8 assist range here. She can be selected as a star/pro player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy script.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 20-33
Kelsey Mitchell (IND)
Mitchell made 7 of 16 shots in the season opener and is one of the best scoring shooting guards in the league. She can be in the 17-22 point range here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 20-26
Nneka made 7 of his 10 shots in the last game and is the lifesaver on the offensive end with his multifaceted game. He thinks he’ll be at 18-23 point range, 5-8 rebound range and 1-3 steal range.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 25-36
NaLyssa Smith (IND)
NaLyssa made 5 of her 13 shots to go in and her rebounding will be huge for the rush going forward. I expect a range of 10-15 points and 8-13 rebounds here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 18-28
Although Liz made a decent impact on the defensive end, she shot just 4/12 and gave it up five times. I expect a much better offensive effort here and see her at 14-18 points, 5-9 rebounds and 1-2 block range.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 23-36
Emily Engstler (IND)
Rookie Emily may become an elite defender, but she had jitters in her WNBA debut, giving it up 4 times and shooting 2/5. She expected a range of 6-10 points, 7-10 rebounds and 1-2 blocks.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 14-22
LAS vs. IND DREAM11 LINE BALANCER
- Queen Egbo (IND) had 10 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Center Egbo is primarily a paint player and took 5 of 9 shots from her. I expect her to be in a range of 8-12 points and 5-8 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 11-22
- Brittney Sykes(LAS) had 9 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals in the last game. Sykes is an excellent open court player and can be among the leaders in steals. He expects a range of 6-12 points, 4-6 rebounds and 1-4 steals.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 18-34
- Lexie Brown (AS) had 12 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 robberies in the last game. Lexie scored four of her five from three attempts in the last game. I expect her to be in the range of 9-15 points and 4-6 assists.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 15-27
- Tiffany Mitchell (IND) had 7 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, in the last game. Guard Mitchell needs to work on his 3-point shooting and he shot 3/5 in the last game. I expect a range of 8-12 points here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 10-20
- Chennedy Carter (LAS) had 12 points, 1 rebound in the last game. Carter handles the ball brilliantly and scored 4 of his 5 attempts from the field. I expect a range of 8-14 points here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 10-13
- Victoria Vivians (IND) had 9 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 robbery in the last game. Busy Victoria grabbed 3 offensive rebounds and made 4 of 11 shots from him. I think he’ll be in a 7-13 point, 4-7 rebound range here.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 16-24
- Chiney Ogwumike(LAS) had 8 points, 6 rebounds, 2 robberies in the last game. Chiney was aggressive on the boards, grabbing five offensive rebounds. He can be in the range of 4-10 points and 4-7 rebounds.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 8-20
- Destani Henderson (IND) had 4 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds in the last game. Henderson is a rookie with game promise. I expect him to be in the range of 2-6 points and 4-6 assists.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 8-19
- Crystal Hazard Field (IND) had 5 points, 2 assists, 2 blocks in the last game. Crystal is a former rookie of the year and has a versatile scoring arsenal. I expect a range of 7-11 points.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 7-17
- Rae Burrell (LAS) had 5 points, 2 rebounds, 1 robbery in the last game. Guard Rae made one of three attempts from distance. I don’t know what to expect yet.
Expected Fantasy Point Range: 4-10
LAS Team vs. IND Dream11
PG: J Canada (PP), carter c
SG: L Brown, C Dangerfield, D Henderson
SF: V Vivians
FP: N Ogwumike (SP)
PG: C Carter
SG: L Brown, C Dangerfield
SF: V Vivians
FP: N Ogwumike (SP), N Smith (PP)
C: L Cambage, Q Egbo