M. S. Dhoni is an Indian cricketer greatest remembered for main the Indian ODI group to its second World Cup win in 2011. Try this biography to find out about his childhood, household life, achievements and enjoyable information about his life.
M. S. Dhoni is an Indian cricketer greatest remembered for main the Indian ODI group to its second World Cup win in 2011. He made his ODI debut for the nationwide group on December 23, 2004, towards Bangladesh and went on to function the captain of the Indian ODI group from 2007 to 2016.
He debuted as a Check participant towards Sri Lanka on 2nd December 2005, and led the group in Check cricket from 2008 to 2014. Recognized for his aggressive enjoying type, he’s revered as the most effective “finishers” within the restricted over format of the sport. He’s additionally one of the profitable Indian captains and holds plenty of information for his captaincy.
Notably, the Indian group turned the No.1 Check group in 2009 beneath his captaincy. He additionally led the Indian group to win the 2007 ICC World Twenty20 and the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy. Whereas his achievements within the IPL format usually get overshadowed by his worldwide information, he additionally helped his group, Chennai Tremendous Kings, win IPL twice in 2010 and 2011.
|Nick Name||Mahi, MS, MSD, Captain Cool, Mahendra Dhoni|
|Also Known As||Mahendra Singh Dhoni, MS Dhoni|
|Born on||07 July 1981 AD|
|Born in||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Siblings||Jayanti Gupta, Narendra Singh Dhoni|
|Spouse||Sakshi Dhoni (m. 2010)|
|Awards||Padma Shri 2009 Padma Bhushan 2018 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2007 ICC ODI Team of the Year 2013 – 2012 – 2011 ICC ODI Player of the Year Award 2009 – 2008 CNN-IBN Indian of the Year in Sports 2011|
Childhood & Early Life :
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on July 7, 1981, in Ranchi, Bihar (now in Jharkhand), right into a Rajput household initially from Uttarakhand. His father, Pan Singh, is retired worker of MECON (a Public Sector Endeavor beneath the Ministry of Metal), the place he labored in junior administration positions. His mom Devaki Devi is a housewife.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has one elder brother, Narendra Singh Dhoni, and one elder sister, Jayanti Gupta. His brother is a politician, whereas his sister is an English instructor.
- He attended DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir positioned at Shyamali in Ranchi, Jharkhand. He was an athletic scholar, however was extra excited by badminton and soccer initially. He was the goalkeeper of his faculty soccer group.
- It was by sheer likelihood that his soccer coach as soon as despatched him to fill in because the wicketkeeper of the cricket group of a neighborhood membership. He charmed everybody along with his efficiency and secured a everlasting
- spot because the common wicketkeeper within the Commando cricket membership group for 3 years throughout 1995-98.
- He continued to carry out effectively and was chosen for Vinoo Mankad Trophy Underneath-16 Championship group in the course of the 1997-98 season. He began to take cricket severely solely after finishing tenth normal.
- In 1998, M. S. Dhoni, who had been enjoying solely at school and membership stage cricket until then, was chosen to play for the Central Coal Fields Restricted (CCL) group. He impressed Deval Sahay, an ex Bihar Cricket Affiliation Vice-President, along with his dedication and hard-hitting abilities, which opened up alternatives for him to play in First Class cricket.
- Through the 1998-99 season, he didn’t make it to the East Zone U-19 squad or Remainder of India squad, however he was chosen for the East Zone U-19 squad for the CK Nayudu trophy within the subsequent season. Sadly, he couldn’t carry out effectively and his group completed final within the event.
- He made his Ranji Trophy debut for Bihar cricket group in the course of the 1999-2000 season with a rating of 68 not out within the second innings. He scored his maiden first-class century throughout a recreation towards Bengal within the following season, however his group misplaced the sport.
- Coming from a middles class Indian household, cash was not a luxurious for him. The truth is, on the age of 20, he moved to Midnapore, West Bengal, after securing a Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE) job at Kharagpur railway station through sports activities quota. He served as a railway worker from 2001 to 2003.
- In 2001, he was chosen to play the Duleep Trophy for the East Zone; nonetheless, Bihar Cricket Affiliation couldn’t talk this info to Dhoni in time, as he was positioned in Midnapore. He learnt this at a time when his group had already reached Agartala, the venue for the match. Whereas one in all his mates managed to rent a automotive for him to achieve Kolkata Airport for a flight, the automotive broke down midway, leading to Deep Dasgupta serving because the wicketkeeper.
- Through the 2002-03 season, he continued to carry out effectively within the Ranji Trophy and the Deodhar Trophy, which helped him get recognition. As a part of the East Zone group, he received the Deodhar Trophy in 2003-2004 season, through which he scored one other century.
- He was ultimately picked for the India A squad for a tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya throughout 2003-04. He took 7 catches and had stumpings throughout a match towards Zimbabwe XI. He additionally helped his group defeat Pakistan A in back-to-back matches, scoring a half century within the first, adopted by two centuries. With such efficiency, he received observed by the then Indian Nationwide Staff captain Sourav Ganguly.
- Following his excellent efficiency in first-class cricket, M. S. Dhoni was chosen to play within the
- duck in his debut match and couldn’t carry out very effectively throughout the remainder of the collection.
- Regardless of poor efficiency in his debut collection, the selectors confirmed religion in him by choosing him for the Pakistan ODI collection that adopted. Dhoni did not disappoint them as he scored a report breaking 148, most by an Indian wicketkeeper-batsman, in his fifth ODI match.
- Dhoni, who didn’t get sufficient alternatives to bat within the first two matches of the India-Sri Lanka bilateral collection, was promoted within the batting order for the third match of the collection. He utilized the chance totally by scoring a speedy 183 not out off 145 balls whereas chasing a goal of 299. He broke plenty of information in the course of the collection and was named Man of the Sequence for his efficiency.
- Through the India-Pakistan ODI collection of 2005-06, he contributed 68, 72 not out, 2 not out and 77 not out in 4 of the 5 matches to assist his group win the collection 4-1. Together with his constant efficiency, he dethroned Ricky Ponting to achieve the highest of the ICC ODI Rankings for batsmen on 20 April 2006, despite the fact that only for every week.
- Within the two collection towards West Indies and Sri Lanka earlier than the 2007 Cricket World Cup Event, Dhoni confirmed terrific efficiency with a mean of over 100. Nevertheless, he didn’t carry out in the course of the World Cup and the Indian group couldn’t transcend the group stage within the event.
- He was named the vice-captain of the ODI group for 2 collection towards South Africa and England in 2007. He additionally led the Indian group to the ICC World Twenty20 trophy in South Africa and received the trophy, defeating the Pakistani group.
- Following his profitable captaincy in Twenty20, he was given the accountability to steer the Indian ODI group for the collection towards Australia in September 2007. He would later go on to steer India to World Cup win in 2011, for which he obtained monumental reward from cricket legend and his then teammate Sachin Tendulkar.
- Throughout 2009, he scored 1198 runs in simply 24 innings to equal Ricky Ponting’s rating in 30 innings in that calendar yr. He additionally stayed on the prime of the ICC ODI Batsman rankings for a number of months in 2009.
- He led India to victory within the 2011 World Cup. Within the remaining match towards Sri Lanka, he promoted himself up the batting order and performed a match profitable knock of 91 not out.In 2013, he captained India to victory within the ICC Champions Trophy and have become the one captain to have received all of the ICC trophies, i.e Check Mace, ODI World Cup and Champions Trophy
- M. S. Dhoni was chosen into the Indian Check Staff as a wicketkeeper in the course of the collection towards Sri Lanka in 2005. He scored 30 runs in his debut match, which was interrupted by rain. He scored his first half-century within the following match, serving to India win with a giant margin.
- Throughout India’s tour of Pakistan in early 2006, he scored his maiden take a look at century in an aggressive innings that helped India keep away from follow-on. He continued to carry out effectively within the subsequent three
- Dhoni, who served because the vice-captain in the course of the collection towards Australia in 2008, was promoted to fulltime take a look at captaincy within the fourth match after the then captain Anil Kumble received injured within the earlier match and introduced his retirement.
- He went on to attain two centuries in 2009 in the course of the collection towards Sri Lanka to steer his group to victory. Underneath his captaincy India, went on to change into the No. 1 Staff within the ICC Check Rankings in December 2009.
- He retired from Check cricket after the third match throughout India’s tour of Australia within the 2014-15 season. He continued to play ODIs within the following years, however retired from ODI captaincy in January 2017. Nevertheless, he’s nonetheless accessible to play restricted over cricket.
Awards & Achievements :
- M. S. Dhoni has obtained 6 Man of the Sequence awards and 20 Man of the Match awards for his efficiency in ODIs. He has additionally obtained 2 Man of the Match awards in Exams all through his profession.
- He has been named the ICC ODI Participant of the 12 months in 2008 and 2009. He additionally made it to the ICC World ODI XI group for 7 consecutive years from 2008 to 2014. He was included within the ICC World Check XI group in 2009, 2010 and 2013.
- In 2007, he obtained the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, the very best honor given in India for achievement in sports activities.
- He additionally received the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honor, in 2009.MS Dhoni was conferred with nation’s third-highest civilian award, Padma Bhushan, on Aoril 2, 2018.
Personal Life & Legacy :
- It was revealed in his biopic that M. S. Dhoni had been in a relationship with a woman named Priyanka Jha throughout 2002. It was an intense, however quick lived affair as she succumbed to accidents
- time, realized in regards to the incident a lot later and was emotionally devastated. It took him virtually a yr to get again on monitor for his skilled profession.
- Dhoni began courting Sakshi Singh Rawat in 2008 after they met at Taj Bengal, the place she labored as an intern after finishing her commencement in Resort Administration from the Institute of Resort Administration, Aurangabad. By the way, the 2 knew one another throughout their childhood years as their fathers had been colleagues at MECON they usually each attended the identical faculty, despite the fact that she was seven years youthful to him.
- The 2 dated for 2 years and received married on July 4, 2010, sooner or later after they received engaged. The couple gave delivery to a child woman named Ziva on February 6, 2015.After he received the Cricket World Cup in 2011, movie director Neeraj Pandey determined to make a biopic on his life and achievements. The movie, M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, was launched on September 30, 2016.
Little Things :
- Dhoni, who couldn’t attain Agartala on time to play within the first Duleep Trophy match for the East Zone in 2001, was chosen because the twelfth man for the second match in Pune. Whereas he didn’t play within the recreation, he met his idol Sachin Tendulkar for the primary time when the latter requested for water in the course of the drinks break.After India crashed out of the 2007 Cricket World Cup within the first spherical, his residence in Ranchi was vandalized by offended followers. He needed to search police safety throughout this time.
Facts You Did Not Know About M. S. Dhoni
- Before taking up cricket full-time, Dhoni excelled in football and badminton.
- Dhoni was an excellent goalkeeper and his skills in football caught the attention of his childhood coach Keshav Bannerjee, who urged him to try his hand at cricket and wicketkeeping.
- He was a Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE) at Kharagpur railway station from 2001 to 2003.
- While playing for the Central Coal Fields Limited in the Sheesh Mahal tournament, Dhoni used to get Rs 50 from his coach Deval Sahay for each six that he hit in the matches.
- He is the only captain in world cricket to win all three ICC trophies – 2007 World T20, 2011 World Cup and 2013 Champions Trophy.
- Dhoni made sure to keep his wedding away from the media glare and it was attended only by his close friends and family members
- Dhoni has hit the most international sixes as captain (204).
- Dhoni has always maintained that the Army is his first love and was conferred the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel on 1 November 2011.
|Bike Collections||Hero Karizma ZMR, Yamaha Rxz, Yamaha Thundercat, Yamaha Rx, Ducati 1098, Yamaha Rd 350, Tvs Apache, Kawasaki zx14r Ninja, Confederate Hellcat X 132, Harley Davidson Fat boy, Enfield Machismo, Customized Tvs Dirt bike|
|Car Collections||Open Mahindra Scorpio, Maruti SX4, Hummer H2, Toyota Corolla, Land Rover Freelander, GMC Sierra, Mitsubishi Pajero Sfx, Mitsubishi Out Lander, Porsche 911, Audi Q7 SUV, Ferrari 599|
|Favorite Color||Blue and Black|
|Favorite Player||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favorite Sport||Cricket, Football|
|Favorite Actress||Angelina Jolie|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan , John Abraham|
|Favorite Movie||Agneepath and Sholay|
|Favorite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite Place||Sri Lanka and Goa|
|Favorite Food||Chicken Butter Masala, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Kebabs, Yellow Dal, Sonpapdi, Gulab Jamun and Rasgullas|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Lord’s Cricket Ground , London Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne|
|Favorite Bowler||Bowler : Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee|
|Favorite Coach||Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya|
|Favorite Shot||Helicopter shot and Paddlesweep|