Sachin Tendulkar is a former Indian cricketer thought of to be the best cricketer of all time. This biography of Sachin Tendulkar supplies detailed details about his childhood, life, achievements, works & timeline
When Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar made his take a look at debut in opposition to Pakistan as a 16-year-old, little did the world know that the curly-haired teenager would at some point develop into one of many best cricketers of the sport.
In his homeland, India, Sachin is greater than only a common sportsperson; he’s thought of an establishment in himself. He isn’t just cherished and revered, however revered. Fondly referred to as the ‘God of Cricket’ by his followers, Sachin dominated the sport for properly over twenty years—a really uncommon feat for a sportsperson.
Extensively thought of to be one of many best batsmen ever, he’s the one participant to have scored 100 worldwide centuries. Born right into a middle-class household in Bombay, he began enjoying cricket whereas he was nonetheless just a little boy, and made his worldwide take a look at debut on the age of 16! And thus started the journey of a cricketer who would smash a number of long-standing data and create new ones.
Preserving in view his superior efficiency, he was made the captain of the Indian staff. Captaincy nonetheless didn’t swimsuit him and he gave up captaincy. Regardless of his iconic standing, Sachin is understood to be a easy and principled man, which additional provides to his reputation.
|Nick Name||Little Master, Master Blaster|
|Also Known As||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Born on||24 April 1973 AD|
|Born in||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Siblings||Ajit Tendulkar, Savita TendulkarNitin Tendulkar|
|Spouse||Anjali Tendulkar (m. 1995)|
|Children||Sara Tendulkar, Arjun Tendulkar|
|Awards||Arjuna Award (1994) Wisden Cricketer of the Year (1997) Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (1998) Padma Shri (1999) Padma Vibhushan (2008) Bharat Ratna (2014)|
Childhood & Early Life :
- He was born on 24 April 1973, in Dadar, Bombay, Maharashtra, because the youngest of 4 siblings, to Ramesh Tendulkar, a Marathi novelist and Rajni, who labored within the insurance coverage trade. He was named after his father’s favourite music director, Sachin Dev Burman.
- As a younger boy, he was a bully. His older brother inspired him to play cricket as a way to divert his consideration from fights, and launched him to Ramakant Achrekar who was a reputed cricket coach.
- He went to ‘Sharadashram Vidyamandir Excessive College,’ as advised by Achrekar, as the college had a wealthy cricketing custom. He shone as a star cricketer, enjoying for his college. Subsequently, he had individuals predicting that he would at some point develop into a well-known participant.
- Alongside along with his buddy Vinod Kambli, he was concerned in a report 664-run partnership in an inter college match in opposition to ‘St. Xavier’s Excessive College’ in 1988.
- He launched into his home first-class profession in 1988, enjoying for Mumbai and scored a century in his very first match. He ended the season as the very best run scorer.
- Due to his spectacular efficiency in first-class matches, he was quickly chosen for the nationwide staff. He made his worldwide take a look at debut in opposition to Pakistan in November 1989, aged simply 16.
- Though he couldn’t rating many runs within the collection, he obtained seen each for his batting method and his dedication to the game. He additionally made his debut in One Day Worldwide (ODI) in 1989.
- Through the 1991-92 tour of Australia, he made 148 runs in one of many matches and 114 in one other, batting in opposition to reputed bowlers like Merv Hughes, Craig McDermott, and Bruce Reid. Requested to open the batting in opposition to New Zealand in an ODI in 1994, he set the stadium on fireplace, blasting 82 runs off simply 49 balls. The exact same 12 months, he made his first ODI century in opposition to Australia.
- In 1998, Australia was on a tour to India, and the collection was hyped as ‘Sachin versus Warne’ contest. Sachin blasted Warne within the collection, and made two centuries within the three-test collection. Sachin performed a significant position in India’s win within the collection.
- Sachin had two temporary stints as captain of Indian cricket staff, and each of them weren’t very profitable. He took over as captain in 1996 however the staff carried out poorly, and he gave up captaincy in 1997. He was as soon as once more made the captain in 1999 however was not very profitable and gave up captaincy the identical 12 months.
- India was one of many favorites to win the 2003 ‘Cricket World Cup’ the place he carried out fantastically, making 673 runs in 11 matches to assist India attain the finals. The staff nonetheless misplaced the finals to Australia, and Sachin was adjudged ‘Man of the Event.’
- After going by means of a tough part, he regained his type in 2007, finishing 11,000 take a look at runs to develop into the main run scorer from India. Within the ‘Border-Gavaskar Trophy’ in 2007–08, he scored 493 runs in 4 exams, demonstrating his unbelievable batting abilities.
- Sachin was as soon as once more at his greatest within the 2011 ‘World Cup’ throughout which he made 482 runs, together with two centuries. India confronted Sri Lanka within the finals and received the match—it was the primary ‘World Cup’ victory for him.
- His type faltered after the ‘World Cup,’ and he went by means of a lean part. He retired from all types of cricket in November 2013, and was given a really emotional farewell by his followers.In 2014, he was appointed because the ‘Staff Icon’ for the favored ‘IPL’ staff ‘Mumbai Indians.’ He was additionally introduced because the ambassador of the 2015 ‘ICC Cricket World Cup.
Awards & Achievements :
- Sachin is likely one of the most prolific cricketers ever—the primary particular person to attain a double century in ODIs, the one participant to attain 100 centuries, and the one participant to have amassed over 30,000 runs in all types of worldwide cricket. It’s no shock that he occupies a legendary standing in India.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the world report for scoring highest variety of runs and centuries in each take a look at cricket and at some point internationals. He has scored 15,921 runs and 51 centuries in take a look at cricket. In ODIs, he has scored 18,426 runs and 49 centuries.
- He’s the primary particular person to attain a double century in ODIs.
- He’s the one cricketer to have performed 200 take a look at matches thus far.
- Along with the quite a few cricketing awards that he has received, Sachin can be a proud recipient of a number of awards from the Authorities of India. He was awarded the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna,’ India’s highest sporting award, in 1997-98 for his achievements in cricket.He was honored with the ‘Bharat Ratna,’ India’s highest civilian award, in 2014 in recognition of his spectacular contributions to cricket. He grew to become the primary sportsperson in addition to the youngest ever particular person to obtain the award
Personal Life & Legacy :
- He met Anjali, a health care provider, in 1990, and dated her for 5 years earlier than tying the knot in 1995. The couple has two kids. His son Arjun can be a cricketer.
- He’s actively concerned with ‘Apnalaya,’ an NGO, and sponsors 200 underprivileged kids yearly. He has additionally used his reputation to assist many different charities elevate massive quantities of funds for a number of noble causes, together with most cancers analysis and schooling.
Little Things :
Facts You Did Not Know About Sachin Tendulkar:
- As a younger boy, Sachin Tendulkar needed to develop into a quick bowler however was rejected by Dennis Lillee’s ‘MRF Tempo Basis’ in 1987.
- He served as a ball boy for the match between India and Zimbabwe on the ‘Wankhede Stadium’ throughout the 1987 ‘World Cup.’
- What if somebody instructed you that Sachin Tendulkar fielded for Pakistan in a match! Sure, you heard it proper. Sachin Tendulkar fielded as an alternative throughout a one-day follow match in opposition to India at ‘Brabourne Stadium’ in 1987.
- In his take a look at debut in opposition to Pakistan, he wore the pads gifted to him by Sunil Gavaskar.
- Sachin is ambidextrous; he’s a right-handed batsman and bowler, however writes along with his left hand. He’s a recipient of ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna,’ ‘Arjuna Award,’ and ‘Padma Shri’— the one cricketer to have received all three of them.
- He had a behavior of sleepwalking in addition to speaking in his sleep.
- He obtained a bottle of champagne when he received the man-of-the-match award for his first take a look at ton in 1990. Nonetheless, he was not allowed to pop it open as he was under 18 years!
- As a well-liked cricketer, he endorsed a number of well-known manufacturers, however the first model that he endorsed was the well being drink ‘Enhance.’
- He’s the primary sportsperson with out an aviation background to be awarded the honorary rank of ‘Group Captain’ by the ‘Indian Air Pressure.’
|Favorite Player||Roger Federer , Sunil Gavaskar , Wasim Akram|
|Favorite Sport||Lawn Tennis and Cricket|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar , Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite Place||Mussorie and New Zealand|
|Favorite Food||Sea Food|
|Car Collections||BMW 7 Series, BMW M6 Gran Coupe, Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG, BMW i8 and Nissan GT-R Egoist among others|